Implementation Project Manager
|Title:||Implementation Project Manager|
|Campaign Start Date:||09/25/2013|
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and client requirements. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party vendors in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, oversee quality control and serve as the primary point of contact and coordination throughout the project life cycle.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Effectively apply implementation methodology and enforces project standards
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope
- Identify and resolve issues and/or conflicts within the implementation process
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before presenting to the customer
- Minimizes exposure and risk on project
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and organized appropriately
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members, customers and other stakeholders
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, communication and presentations
The following is a list of experience, technologies, credentials, skills and other items which are required for this position. The person we are seeking should clearly demonstrate that she/he has the following characteristics:
Skills Required: Project Management, Strategic Planning and Management, Customer Training and Education, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Change/Scope Management, Conflict Resolution, Resource Planning & Utilization
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s; MBA preferred
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in project management and/or customer/account management
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent efforts
- Expertise in relationship building and relationship management; prior experience in a heavily client-focused role is strongly preferred
- Able to work independently as well as cross-functionally in an organization to successfully implement projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain new concepts to audiences with no prior knowledge or information
- Proficient in the use of computer programs and software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Outlook and Power Point. Ability to quickly learn various software applications.
- Familiarity with benefits/insurance industry a plus
- Authorized to work in the US
The following list represents additional items which are not required but which will be considered preferred from the standpoint of selecting the most-qualified applicant for this specific role:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Team-first attitude and a positive demeanor
Founded in 2007, Liazon Corporation operates the industry-leading private benefits exchange for businesses. Its flagship product, the Bright Choices® Exchange, is an online benefits store that is changing the way employers and employees buy benefits. Bright Choices helps employers manage their health care costs by setting predictable budgets through a defined contribution funding strategy while guiding employees to purchase better coverage of health, dental, vision, life, disability and other benefits. Advanced cloud computing infrastructure and robust security protection ensures continual access and safeguards confidentiality of data transmission. Liazon works with top national and regional insurance providers and supports businesses nationwide through a distribution network of leading broker partners. Liazon was acquired by Towers Watson in November, 2013. To learn more about Liazon and the Bright Choices Exchange, go to www.liazon.com.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications