Senior Software Engineer
|Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Campaign Start Date:||03/13/2013|
The Senior Software Engineer will provide technical leadership in the development and maintenance of ongoing releases of Liazon’s award-winning “Bright Choices” web portal and other customer-facing web-based products including applications targeted for mobile devices in addition to traditional software applications. The range and scope of this position will be technical project leadership, design, programming, testing and deployment of web-based and traditional applications and services.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of ongoing releases of Liazon’s award-winning “Bright Choices” web portal and other customer-facing web-based products including applications targeted for mobile devices in addition to traditional software applications.
- Provides technical guidance and expertise to other Engineers and members of the Technical Development team.
- Plays a role in architectural decision making.
- The range and scope of this position will be technical design, programming, testing and deployment of web-based and traditional applications and services.
The following is a list of technologies, experience, skills and other items which are required for this position:
- Five or more years’ experience in web development and maintenance
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or related field; alternatively, an Associate’s Degree in those disciplines plus two years’ work experience in web development roles or no degree with at least four years work experience
- At least one year experience supervising other software engineers (on a project basis)
- Experience with at least one software development methodology (e.g. Waterfall, CMMI, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience using C#, Visual Basic, or ASP.NET in a professional/industrial setting (Preferably ASP.NET 4.0)
- Experience with one or more Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) (Preferably Visual Studio 2008/2010)
- Experience with Model-View-Controller (MVC) design patterns (preferably ASP .NET MVC framework)
- Experience with ORM (Object Relational Mapping) software (preferably ADO.NET Entity Framework or LINQ)
- Thorough understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques and best practices
- Ability to read and create Entity-Relationship (E-R) diagrams and other UML diagrams
- HTTP web server software experience (preferably IIS7)
- Experience using source control software in a team environment (Preferably Team Foundation Server)
- Relational database design experience
- Experience with implementing application front-end design, following approved design themes and standards
- Experience using Microsoft Office productivity tools (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Authorized to work in the US
The following list represents additional items which are not required but which will be considered preferred from the standpoint of selecting the most-qualified applicant for this specific role:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science (or related field) and/or an MBA
- Web Services experience, especially WCF or Web API
- SQL Server experience along with T-SQL
- Experience with CRM or ERP systems
- Experience with inference engines and rules-based frameworks
- Experience with data warehouse designs, concepts and tools
- Experience with unit testing software (e.g. NUnit)
- Familiarity/experience with Visio (for wireframes)
- Understanding of healthcare insurance and/or wealth-building devices such as 401(k) plans or Individual Retirement Accounts
Founded in 2007, Liazon Corporation operates the market-leading private benefits exchange for businesses across the U.S. Its flagship product, the Bright Choices® Exchange, is an online benefits store that is changing the way employers and employees buy benefits. Bright Choices helps employers save money on their health care costs by setting predictable budgets while guiding employees to purchase better coverage of health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits.
In six years, Liazon has grown to over 80 employees and now serves more than 2,000 customers, ranging in size from micro-employers to companies with over 2,500 employees. Company offices are in New York City & Buffalo, New York.
The management team includes industry experts and pioneers from McKinsey and Company, CIGNA, Prudential, Online Benefits, Iron Mountain, and Watson Wyatt.
The company is backed by leading investors, including Bain Capital Ventures, Bessemer Capital Partners, Ingleside Investors, and Rand Capital, SBIC.
Company Website: www.Liazon.com
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications