Senior Software Engineer
|Title:||Senior Software Engineer|
|Campaign Start Date:||07/02/2014|
DescriptionPosition Description: As a Senior Software Engineer, you will develop and maintain ongoing releases of Liazon’s award-winning “Bright Choices” web portal and other customer-facing web-based products including applications targeted for mobile devices in addition to traditional software applications. The range and scope of this position will be programming, testing and deployment of web-based and traditional applications and services. The range and scope of this position will also include technical design and system architecture.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Support deployment of software releases
- Develop and maintain servier-side code for Bright Choices and related systems using C#, Visual Basic, or another high level object oriented programming language
- Design, develop and maintain relational databases using platforms such as SQL Server, Postgres, MySQL, or Oracle along with relevant data access tools such as Entity Framework
- Follow preferred software development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, and Kanban
- Any other duties as assigned
- Provides technical and architectural assistance to other engineers and members of own team and other teams
- Assist in the documentation of requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans
- Apply software design approaches and patterns such as Domain Driven Design, Message Architecture, Unit-of-Work, Dependency Injection, Inversion of Control, Unit Testing, and TDD to design, develop, and maintain functionality in the Bright Choices system
- Apply principles of ALM including source control in a team environment, shelving, branching, merging to facilitate efficient team-based software development
- Proficient at an Associate Software Developer level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field; Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in web, mobile, or desktop application development; large scale consumer systems preferred
- 5+ years of experience in relational database design
- Experience with principles of ALM and software development methodologies required
- Experience with software design approaches and patterns required
- Effective communication and documentation skills required
- Experience in employee benefits, insurance, healthcare, or wealth management preferred
- Experience with rules engines or rules-based frameworks desired
- Certifications or professional training in software engineering principles such as software architecture, agile development methodology, etc. preferred
Founded in 2007, Liazon Corporation operates the industry-leading private benefits exchange for businesses. Its flagship product, the Bright Choices® Exchange, is an online benefits store that is changing the way employers and employees buy benefits. Bright Choices helps employers manage their health care costs by setting predictable budgets through a defined contribution funding strategy while guiding employees to purchase better coverage of health, dental, vision, life, disability and other benefits. Advanced cloud computing infrastructure and robust security protection ensures continual access and safeguards confidentiality of data transmission. Liazon works with top national and regional insurance providers and supports businesses nationwide through a distribution network of leading broker partners. Liazon was acquired by Towers Watson in November, 2013. To learn more about Liazon and the Bright Choices Exchange, go to www.liazon.com.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability. All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Know your rights.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications